Saturday, March 21, 2009

Stephen Pimble and mother Sarah were buried


in Linton, Herefordshire in October 1726. A friend sent me an email about a book she was reading which had a photograph a PIMBLE tombstone. Got in my car and found it very easily however it has unfortunately deteriorated since being photographed for the book. THANKS Pat.

Father and husband Stephen remarried and his second wife Hannah is also buried in Linton but not Stephen as far as I can currently tell.

Which brings me round nicely to MOBY DICK the film. The one with Gregory Peck filmed in 1956, not the remake. (update: apparently Gregory Peck appears in both the 1956 film and the remake starring Patrick Stewart - same actor but different parts - I now have both versions on DVD)

This has a scene in a church with a plaque to Stephen PIMBLE who died whaling in the the South Pacific sea in May 1799.

A real church or a Hollywood invention - I would really like to know.

No comments: