Wednesday, June 28, 2006

DNA project - update 28 June 2006

We now have the results from the three tests processed.

The results show that Charles from the US was not matched to Lance who is a descendant of Robert PYMBLE late of UK, who emigrated to Australia.

Lance is Haplogroup I (Haplogroup I dates to 23,000 years ago or longer. Lineages not in branches I1a, I1b or I1c are found distributed at low frequency throughout Europe.)

Charles is Haplogroup E3a (Haplogroup E3a is an Africa lineage. It is currently hypothesized that this haplogroup dispersed south from northern Africa within the last 3,000 years, by the Bantu agricultural expansion. E3a is also the most common lineage among African Americans.)

Derek, like Lance, is Haplogroup I.

Lance and Derek are probably related though there are differences at both the 25 and 37 marker level.
Also see DNA Update of 22 April 2006.

The results of the other test in process, for Arthur, is expected in August.

PIMBLE / PYMBLE DNA Project

No comments: